If you get a new remote or change the battery in your remote you may need to reprogram your vehicle to accept the keyless entry remote or key fob. This procedure works for a lot of 1998-2008 ford vehicles, see below for vehicles that the procedure works on and vehicles that use a slight variation on this procedure. I attempted to get this list accurate, I apologize because mistakes were probably made.
1. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in
RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.
2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle
to confirm programming.
3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will
cycle again to confirm programming.
4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
This exact procedure should work for
Crown Victoria 2007-2008
F250-550 Super Duty 2001-2008
Variation: Same procedure but turn on ignition 5 times
F250-550 Super Duty 1999-2000
Variation: Same procedure but turn on ignition 4 times
Crown Victoria 2000–2006
Variation: Close doors first then open drivers door and press power unlock switch in door then continue procedure.
Variation: Unlock doors with power unlock switch in door, do not press break pedal, continue procedure. (Program all remotes at once)
New WebsiteThis website site is now static. For new content please visit the new site: ElectronHacks.com
Tag CloudAC Alternative Energy arduino ARM chicken circuit Components Computer DIY Cortex LM3S811 DC diode diy DNN door DotNetNuke electronics ESC favicon Function Getnerator GLCD how to How to Solder Install Windows 7 IO simulator Itunes Alternative Keyless Entry LDR Learn Learn electronics LED Netduino Oscilloscope Peltier program project Repair LCD Resistor RFID servo smtp sound localization tutorial VB Visual Studio Zune
- admin on Keyless entry remote programming for 1998-2006 GM, Chevrolet, GMC
- admin on Keyless entry remote programming for Ford 1995-2008
- No Fluoride on Keyless entry remote programming for Ford 1995-2008
- John Kobis on Keyless entry remote programming for 1998-2006 GM, Chevrolet, GMC
- admin on Programming a Replacement Keyless Entry Remote
Login With FacebookLogin With Facebook
You may connect your Facebook account to comment or contribute or you can create a local account below.